William Gerald (Jay) Austen, Jr., MD
Chief, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Department of Surgery
- Cancer Center
- Sarcoma and Connective Tissue Oncology
- Breast Cancer
- MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Vascular Malformations Program
- Burn Services
- Cleft Lip & Palate Program
- Clinical Interests
- Cosmetic surgery
- Facial rejuvenation
- Breast augmentation, Breast lift
- Body contouring after weight loss
- Rhinoplasty (nose) Surgery
- Pediatric cleft lip and palate surgery
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck)
- Fat grafting
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Royal Children's & Women's Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Plastic Surgery, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and pediatric
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
ForMost Managed Care
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts Medicare Advantage PPO
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Doctors at Massachusetts General Hospital are using leading-edge techniques such as nerve decompression to treat migraines.
Dr. Jay Austen, Jr, Mass General’s chief of plastic and reconstructive surgery, is using leading-edge techniques such as nerve decompression to help those who suffer from the most debilitating of these headaches.
Massachusetts General Hospital's Dr. Jay Austen is using plastic surgery techniques in a first of its kind treatment for migraines.
W.G. (Jay) Austen Jr., MD, Chief of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital, discusses how a plastic surgery procedure done at Mass General provides treatment for migraines.
Dr. Jay Austen, Jr, Mass General’s chief of plastic and reconstructive surgery, uses plastic surgery techniques to decompress nerves that trigger debilitating migraines.
Massachusetts General Hospital
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.