Dr. Tambouret is the assistant director of the Cytopathology Service and director of the Cytopathology Fellowship program at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Obstetric pathology
- Gynecologic pathology
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Nice - France
- Residency, Bronx Municipal Hospital Center
- Fellowship, Englewood Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr Tambouret obtained her medical degree from the University of Nice, France and completed her residency in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology at the Hospital of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Before joining the staff of the Massachusetts General Hospital in 1997 she did an Anatomic Pathology fellowship at Englewood Hospital and then moved to a junior attending position at North Shore Hospital. She later joined the staff of St. Vincent Hospital in Manhattan, New York, where she had responsibilities in all areas of anatomic pathology including cytopathology. She holds subspecialty board certification in cytopathology.
Dr. Tamboure's research interests include all aspects of cytopathology, especially gynecologic cytopathology and cytology of the urinary tract and kidney. She also has research interests in obstetrical and gynecologic surgical pathology, post graduate medical education and provision of pathology services to underserved countries.
- Research Summary
Dr. Tambouret's laboratory research involves the evaluation of the enhancement of cervical cytology screening by application of an immunocytochemical stain containing antibodies with specificity for topoisomerase 2a and for minichromosome maintenance 5 protein. She is also working on evaluation of the effect of senescence on cells in cervical cytology specimens by the use of beta-galactosidase reaction. Her research interests include:
- Cytopathology: histologic, cytogenetic and molecular correlation
- Gynecologic pathology: histologic-molecular correlation of gynecologic tumors
- Trends in Cervical Cytology Screening and Reporting Practices: Results From the College of American Pathologists 2011 PAP Education Supplemental Questionnaire. Crothers BA, Darragh TM, Tambouret RH, Nayar R, Barkan GA, Zhao C, Booth CN, Padmanabhan V, Tabatabai ZL, Souers RJ, Thomas N, Wilbur DC, Moriarty AT. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2015 Jun 5. [Epub ahead of print]
- Digital diffraction analysis enables low-cost molecular diagnostics on a smartphone. Im H, Castro CM, Shao H, Liong M, Song J, Pathania D, Fexon L, Min C, Avila-Wallace M, Zurkiya O, Rho J, Magaoay B, Tambouret RH, Pivovarov M, Weissleder R, Lee H. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 May 5;112(18):5613-8. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1501815112. Epub 2015 Apr 13.
- HER2 over-expressing high grade endometrial cancer expresses high levels of p95HER2 variant. Growdon WB, Groeneweg J, Byron V, DiGloria C, Borger DR, Tambouret R, Foster R, Chenna A, Sperinde J, Winslow J, Rueda BR. Gynecol Oncol. 2015 Apr;137(1):160-6. doi: 10.1016/j.ygyno.2015.01.533. Epub 2015 Jan 17.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696