Shahin Tabatabaei, MD, is a urologist at the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Urology. He specializes in the treatment of cancer, benign prostate hypertrophy (BPH), and related research.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Benign enlargement of prostate (BPH)
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Laser surgery of prostate
- Urologic oncology
- Robotic Laparoscopic Surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Medical Education
- MD, Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Residency, Labbafinejad Medical Center|Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
September is Prostate Health Month. MGH urologists discuss the prostate, its impact on men’s health and offer advice on PSA screenings.
Same day surgery procedures: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for ambulatory procedures with short recovery time, allowing discharge that day.
Prostatectomy: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for a prostatectomy procedure. A prostatectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the prostate gland.
Nephrectomy: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for a nephrectomy procedure. A nephrectomy is a surgical procedure to remove all or part of the kidney. Surgery may involve one or both kidneys.
Cystectomy: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for a cystectomy procedure. A cystectomy is a surgical procedure to removal all or part of the urinary bladder.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117