Jean Kwo, MD
Medical Director, Preadmission Testing
- Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
- Critical Care Center
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Clinical Interests
- Critical care
- Pre-admission testing
- Respiratory acute care
- Post-anesthesia care
- Anesthesia for general surgery
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Residency, Children's Hospital Boston
- Residency, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
- Residency, University of Massachusetts School of Medicine
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Critical Care Medicine, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
ForMost Managed Care
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Connecticut
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - New York
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Tufts Health Plan
United Behavioral Health
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
BiographyI am Medical Director of the Preadmission Testing Area. My interests are in the preoperative evaluation and risk assessment for patients undergoing anesthesia and surgery. I also have an interest in respiratory physiology and the pathophysiology of respiratory failure. I am trained in critical care and spend time in the Respiratory Acute Care Unit taking care of patients with chronic respiratory failure.
I serve on the departmental QA committee and the Clinical Competency committee.
The Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine spotlights Jean Kwo, MD.
Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.