- Clinical Interests
- Cardiac anesthesia
- Intraoperative TEE
- Pediatric cardiac anesthesia
- CPB pathophysiology
- Medical Education
- MD, Norman Bethune University of Medical Science
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital|Residency, Peking Union Medical College Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
1.DNA content and the prognosis of thymoma.
2.Insulike growth factor and metabolism
3. Tumor necrosis factor and malnutrition
4.Insulin resistance and regulation of insulin growth factor
- Selected Publications:
1. Chow JC, Ling PR, Qu Z, Leviola L, Ciccarones A, Bistrian BR, Smith RJ. Growth hormone stimulates tyrosine phosphorylation of JAK2 and STA5, but not insulin receptor substrate-1 or SHC proteins in liver and skeletal muscle of normal rats in vivo. Endocrinology 1996; 137:2880-2886.
2. Qu Z, Ling PR, Chow JC, Burke P, Smith RJ, Bistrian BR. Determinants of plasma concentrations of insulin-like growth factor-1 and albumin and their hepatic mRNAs: The role of dietary protein content and tumor necrosis factor in malnourished rats. Metabolism 1996; 45(9): 1-7.
3. Qu Z, Chow JC, Ling PR, Ziegler TR, Bistrian BR, Smith RJ. Tissue-specific effects of chronic dietary protein restriction and gastrostomy on the insulin-like growth factor-I pathway in the liver and colon of adult rats. Metabolism 1997, 46(6): 691-697.
4. Ling PR, Sierra P, Qu Z, Bistrian BR. IGF-I improves glucose utilization in TNF-treated rats under hyperinsulinemic, euglycemic conditions. Metabolism 1997; 46(9): 1052-1058.
5. Kwoun M, Ling PR, Lydon E, Imrich A, Qu Z, Palombo J, Bistrian BR. Immunologic effects of acute hyperglycemia in nondiabetic rats. Journal of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition. 1997; 21(2): 91-95.
6. Qu Z, Ling PR, Chow JC, Smith RJ and Bistrian BR. Effects of dietary protein and tumor necrosis factor components of the insulin-like growth factor-I pathway in the colon and small intestine in protein-depleted rats. Metabolism 1998; 47(3): 345-350.
7. You YQ, Ling PR, Qu Z and Bistrian BR. Effects of continuous enteral medium-chain fatty acid infusion on lipid metabolism in rats. Lipids 1998; 33(3)261-266.
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696