- Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
- Heart Center
- Cardiac Anesthesia
- Clinical Interests
- Minimally invasive CABG
- Pediatric cardiac anesthesia
- Adult cardiac anesthesia
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, MGM Medical College
- Residency, M.Y. Hospital
- Fellowship, Children's Hospital Boston
- Fellowship, University of Alabama Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Connecticut
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Tufts Health Plan
United Behavioral Health
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Teaching adult and pediatric cardiac anesthesiology subjects to residents and fellows
- Teaching adult and pediatric cardiac trans esophageal echocardiography to residents and fellows
- Teaching pediatric cardiac post-surgical patient care to PICU fellows
- Participate in teaching and giving lectures in topics related to pediatric and adult cardiac anesthesia in national conferences in India; give talks on similar topics in various institutes and university hospitals in India and Ghana, Africa.
- Part of Children's Hospital Pediatric Cardiac surgical team to manage patients with congenital heart disease, pre-, per- and post-operatively and help them eventually to start pediatric cardiac institute, first in West Africa
- Involved in administrative activities in day to day working in pediatric cardiac subdivision of cardiac anesthesiology at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Co-investigator in randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multi-center study to evaluate the cardioprotective effects of MC-1 in patients undergoing high risk CABG surgery, 2006.
- Worked as co-investigator in Primo CABG trial II competed in April 2006.
- Worked as a principal investigator in phase III trial of Pexlizumab in November 2003, Massachusetts General Hospital, 2002-2003.
- 2002-2003: Principal investigator in phase 3 trial of Pexlizumab. Massachusetts General Hospital.
- 2006: Co-investigator. Randomized, double blinded, placebo controlled, multicenter study to evaluate the cardioprotective effects of MC-1 in patients undergoing high risk CABG surgery.
- April 2006: Co-investigator in completed Primo CABG trial II.
Publications1. Mann D, Qu JZ, Mehta V. Congenital heart diseases with left-to-right shunts. Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2004 Fall;42(4):45-58. Review.
2. Mann D, Mehta V. Cardiovascular embryology. Int Anesthesiol Clin. 2004 Fall;42(4):15-28.
3. Levine WC, Mehta V, Landesberg G. Anesthesia for the elderly: selected topics. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2006 Jun;19(3):320-4. Review.
4. Off Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting - Avoiding Common Anesthesia Errors. Published July 2007.
Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.