Yandong (Yandong) Jiang, MD, PhD
- Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
- Clinical Interests
- Perioperative Medicine
- Cardiovascular disease
- Critical care
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, Qingdao Medical College
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Residency, Qingdao Medical College
- Fellowship, Qingdao Medical College
- Board Certifications
- Anesthesiology, American Board of Anesthesiology
- Foreign Languages
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Connecticut
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - New York
OSW - Rhode Island
OSW - Vermont
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Senior Whole Health
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Description of Research
My research focuses on Respiratory Physiology, Mechanical Ventilation, and Airway Management. I am also interested in innovation and mainly on development of devices used to improve the quality of perioperative patient care. Ongoing projects include (1) Nasal CPAP improves the rate of mask ventilation during induction; (2) If nCPAP improves the mask ventilation in obese patient during induction of anesthesia; (3) Validation of the non-invasive cardiac output device, trans-thoracic impedance, vs. Fick method.
- Jiang Y., Liang Y., Kacmarek RM. The Principle of Upper Airway Unidirectional Flow Facilitates Breathing in Humans. J Appl Physiol. 2008, 105:854-8.
- Liang Y, Kimball WR, Kacmarek RM, Zapol WM, Jiang Y. Nasal Ventilation Is More Effective than Combined Oral-Nasal Ventilation during Induction of General Anesthesia in Adult Subjects. Anesthesiology 2008;109:962-72.
- Gorlin A, Susarla SM, Jiang Y. Use of a Second Fiberoptic Bronchoscope to Guide Oral Fiberoptic Intubation in Two Patients with Existing Vocal Cord Injury. J Oral Maxill Surg. 2011; 69:546-550.
- Jiang Y, Bao FP, Liang Y, Kimball WR, Zapol WM, and Kacmarek RM. Effectiveness of Breathing through Nasal and Oral Routes in Unconscious Apneic Adult Human Subjects: A Prospective Randomized Crossover Trial. Anesthesiology 2011; 115(1):129-135.
- Yanhong Liu,Ailiang Wang,Andrew D Marchese, Robert M. Kacmarek,Yandong Jiang
- Jet vs. ICU Ventilator during Simulated Percutaneous Transtracheal Ventilation: A Lung Model Study. J Br. Anaesthesia 2012 (in press)
Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.