- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Breast cancer
- Medical Education
- MD, Dartmouth Medical School
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Martha?s Vineyard: Martha?s Vineyard Hospital
- Nantucket: Cottage Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Schapira is a medical oncologists who specializes in the care of women with breast cancer. She is actively involved in clinical research and graduate medical education. Her interests are in new treatments for breast cancer and the special concerns of young cancer survivors.
- Research Summary
Dr. Schapira's research addresses issues of access to care, psychosocial support of cancer patients and the special issues and concerns of young breast cancer survivors.
Partridge AH, Ruddy KJ, Gelber S, Schapira L, Abusief M, Meyer M, Ginsburg E.
Fertil Steril. 2009 Apr 29.
Eichler AF, Kuter I, Ryan P, Schapira L, Younger J, Henson JW.
Cancer. 2008 Jun;112(11):2359-67.
Burstein HJ, Parker LM, Keshaviah A, Doherty J, Partridge AH, Schapira L, Ryan PD, Younger J, Harris LN, Moy B, Come SE, Schumer ST, Bunnell CA, Haldoupis M, Gelman R, Winer EP.
J Clin Oncol. 2005 Nov 20;23(33):8340-7.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and reminders are everywhere for women to remain vigilant about screening and maintaining a healthy lifestyle – including daily exercise. Lidia Schapira, MD, medical oncologist with the MGH Center for Breast Cancer, shares her insights on the benefits of staying fit.
MGH Hotline 06.04.10 According to the American Cancer Society, Hispanic Americans are the least likely of all racial and ethnic groups to use preventive cancer screenings.
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-726-6500
57 Prospect Street
Nantucket MA, 02554
Phone 1: 508-825-8190
One Hospital Road
Oak Bluffs MA, 02557
Phone 1: 508-957-0119
102 Endicott Street
Danvers MA, 01923-3623
Phone 1: 978-882-6060