- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Autoimmune hepatitis, Autoimmune liver disease
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Liver tumors
- Medical Education
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, Tufts Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
Daniel S. Pratt, MD is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Clinical Director of Liver Transplantation, and Director of the Autoimmune and Cholestatic Liver Center at the Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Pratt received his B.A. from Bowdoin College and his M.D. from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He completed a residency in Internal Medicine and a fellowship in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Tufts-New England Medical Center. He served on the faculty of the Tufts University School of Medicine from 1995 until 2004. Dr. Pratt was the Medical Director of the Liver Transplant Program and Clinical Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology at the Tufts Medical Center. He joined the faculty of the Harvard Medical School and the MGH Gastrointestinal Unit in 2004.
Dr. Pratt's particular area of clinical interest is autoimmune and cholestatic liver disease including autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cirrhosis, primary sclerosing cholangitis, and IgG4 associated liver disease. He also does work in cholangiocarcinoma, hepatocellular carcinoma, viral hepatitis, and cirrhosis/endstage liver disease. Dr. Pratt is the head of the PSC Registry at MGH.
Dr. Pratt has written extensively on liver disease and has been the recipient of numerous teaching awards.
- Research Summary
- Principal Investigator, PSC Registry at MGH
Pratt DS. Liver Chemistry and Function Tests. In Feldman M, et al, editors. Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease, 9th Edition, 2010.
Pratt DS. Primary Biliary Cirrhosis. In Greenberger N, et al, editors. Current Diagnosis and Treatment in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Endoscopy, 2009.
In General Awards and Honors
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696
102 Endicott Street
Danvers MA, 01923-3623