- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Valvular heart disease
- Three-dimensional echocardiography
- Medical Education
- MD, New York Medical College
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
Jonathan J. Passeri, MD, is a graduate of the College of the Holy Cross and New York Medical College. He completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital, followed by fellowships in Cardiovascular Disease and Advanced Echocardiography at Massachusetts General Hospital. He joined the staff of Massachusetts General Hospital in 2007 as a staff member of the Cardiology Division and the Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory. Currently, Dr. Passeri is the medical director of the Massachusetts General Hospital Heart Valve Program and director of Interventional Echocardiography within the Cardiac Ultrasound Laboratory.
Dr. Passeri's main clinical focus is on the evaluation and management of valvular heart disease. He is a co-investigator in the PARTNER Trial, a pivotal clinal trial of transcatheter aortic valve replacement for patients with calcific aortic stenosis. Dr. Passeri also works closely with members of the cardiac catheterization laboratory in using advanced echocardiographic techniques to guide a variety of complex transcatheter structural heart procedures. Dr. Passeri lectures each year in a variety of Harvard Medical School's continuing education courses in cardiology.
- Research Summary
- Dr. Passeri's research focuses primarily on valvular heart disease and echocardiography. He is a co-investigator in the PARTNER Trial, a pivotal clinal trial of transcatheter aortic valve replacement for patients with calcific aortic stenosis.
- Jagannath AD, Johri AM, Liberthson R, Larobina M, Passeri J, Tighe D, Agnihotri AK. Quadricuspid Aortic Valve: A Report of 12 Cases and a Review of the Literature. Echocardiography 2011 Aug 19
- PARTNER Trial Investigators. Transcatheter versus Surgical Aortic-Valve Replacement in High-Risk Patients. New Eng J Med 2011 Jun 9;364(23):2187-98.
- Johri AM, Rojas CA, El-Shereif A, Witzke CF, Chitty DW, Palacios IF, Passeri J, King ME, Abarra S. Imaging of Atrial Septal Defects: Echocardiography and CT Correlation. Heart 2011;97:1441-1453.
- Johri AM, Witzke C, Solis J, Palacios IF, Inglessis I, Picard MH, Passeri J. Real-Time Three-dimensional Transesophageal Echocardiography in Patients with Secundum Atrial Septal Defects: Outcomes Following Transcatheter Closure. J Am Soc Echocardiography 2011 Apr;24(4):431-7.
- Johri AM, Passeri J, Picard MH. Three-dimensional echocardiography: Approaches and clinical utility. Heart. 2010;96(5):390-7.
- Johri AM, Yared K, Durst R, Cubeddu RJ, Palacios IF, Picard MH, Passeri J. Three-dimensional echocardiography-guided repair of severe paravalvular regurgitation in a bioprosthetic and mechanical mitral valve. Eur J Echocardiography. 2009;10:572-5.
- Kristo J, Hardy GJ, Anderson TJT, Sinha S, Ahluwalia N, Lin AY, Passeri J, Scherrer-Crosbie M, Gerszten RE. Pharmacological inhibition of BLT1 diminishes early abdominal aneurysm formation. Atherosclerosis 2010 May;210(1):107-13.
Throughout the month of February, our doctors and specialists in the Massachusetts General Hospital Institute for Heart, Vascular and Stroke Care will be sharing their expertise on various heart conditions and offering prevention tips in recognition of American Heart Month. Roughly one in every four deaths in the U.S. each year is due to heart disease, making it the leading cause of death for Americans.
MGH Hotline 6.10.11 U.S. Rep. Erik Paulsen, co-chair of the Medical Technology Caucus, visited the MGH on May 18 to tour the Tissue Engineering and Organ Fabrication Laboratory in the Richard B. Simches Research Center and the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory on Blake 9.
Mass General Cardiologist Talks about Aortic Valve Stenosis
Jonathan Passeri, MD, co-director of the Mass General Heart Valve Program and director of Interventional Echocardiography, talks about aortic valve stenosis and answers common questions about symptoms to look out for and treatment options.
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-643-7022