To make a neuromuscular division appointment, call 617-726-3642.
- Clinical Interests
- ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease)
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Medical Education
- MD, Damascus University School of Medicine
- Residency, Boston Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Neuromuscular Medicine
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Nazem Atassi is Associate Director of the Neurological Clinical Research Institute (NCRI) at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in Boston, Massachusetts, Associate Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School, completed Neurology training at Boston University Medical Center and Fellowship in Neuromuscular Disorders and Clinical Trials at MGH.
Dr. Atassi received his Masters of Medical Science in 2010 from Harvard Medical School. He serves on the executive committee of the Northeast ALS Consortium (NEALS), and he is the founder and Co- Chair of the Upper Motor Neuron and the Imaging committees at NEALS.
Dr. Atassi received several awards including the MIT 100K Life Science Award from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the Anne B. Young Translational Neuroscience Fellowship, and NIH K23 Career Development Award. He has hands-on industry experience in running multicenter clinical trials through his work as a medical monitor for Pfizer and Fellow at Biogen.
Dr. Atassi is the Primary Investigator for several research projects focusing on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) clinical trials and neuroimaging. His research is funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH), ALS Association, ALS Finding a Cure, and Harvard NeuroDiscovery Center. He attends two clinics at MGH: ALS multidisciplinary clinic and Neuromuscular clinic.
- Research Summary
- Translational Research and Clinical Trials in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and other Neurodegenerative Disorders.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117