- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Personalized cancer therapy
- Clinical trial design
- Translational research into rare gynecologic cancers
- Medical Education
- MD, UMASS Medical School
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Whitfield Growdon was born and raised in Boston. He graduated from Williams College with a degree in Art History. After years of appreciating fine arts in the Berkshire Mountains, he attended the University of Massachusetts Medical School. There he met Amanda, and 5 days before graduation, they were married in Salem, MA. He returned to Boston where he was a resident at the integrated Brigham & Women's/MGH Combined OBGYN Residency, and also completed a gynecologic oncology fellowship at the Massachusetts General Hospital. His interests include minimally invasive and robotic surgery, correlative investigation into rare gynecologic tumors and innovative clinical trial development. He lives in downtown Boston with his wife and his two children, Lily (3 years old, likes butterflies) and Jack (1 year old, likes everything) who light up his world.
Please see the full list in Pubmed.
Growdon WB, Birrer MJ, Penson RA. Ovarian Cancer: Individualized and Personalized Care. Expert Rev Obstet Gynecol 2010 :5(4); 409-419.
Growdon WB, AJ Wolfberg, DP Goldstein, CM Feltmate, ME Chinchilla, ES Lieberman and RS Berkowitz. Low risk Gestational Trophoblastic Neoplasia and Methotrexate Resistance- Predictors of Response to Treatment with Actinomycin D and Need for Combination Chemotherapy. J Repro Med J 2010 Jul-Aug;55(7-8):279-84.
Growdon WB, Wolfberg AJ, Goldstein DP, Feltmate CM, Chinchilla ME, Lieberman ES, Berkowitz RS. Evaluating Methotrexate use in low risk GTN Gynecol Oncol 2009 Feb; 112(2): 353-7.
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston, MA 02114-2696