Associate Professor.Director of the Gyn Oncology Fellowship Program. Member of National Disaster Team.Global health work in Bangladesh. Member of the Ethics Committee. Certified in acupuncture.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Gynecologic cancers
- Palliative care
- Medical Education
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Tufts Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Annekathryn Goodman was born in Washington, D.C. She grew up in Tokyo and Singapore. She attended undergraduate school at The University of Pennsylvania, and went on to receive an M.S.in Chemistry. She obtained her medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine, where she then completed a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology. She completed her fellowship in Gynecology Oncology in 1990 at the Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) in Boston where she has been on staff since 1993. Dr. Goodman was certified in acupuncture in 2002. She has completed four units of clinical pastoral education. She joined the national disaster team, IMSuRT (International Medical Surgical Response team), a branch of the US department of health and human services and has deployed to various international disasters including Bam, Iran 2004, Banda Aceh 2005, and Haiti 2010.
Dr. Goodman is an Associate Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology at Harvard Medical School. She is the Director of the Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship Program at Massachusetts General Hospital. She is the past president of The Obstetrical Society of Boston and of the New England Society of Gynecologic Oncologists.
- Research Summary
- Co-investigator on clinical trials for women with gynecologic cancers
159 publications on topics ranging from gynecologic cancers, acupuncture, surgical techniques, screening.
- Acupuncture for Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting, 2012
- PrognosticSignificance of Splenectomy as Part of Initial Cytoreductive Surgery in OvarianCancer. 2011
- The risk of squamous cell carcinoma in persistent vulvar ulcers. 2011
- Developmentof a cervical cancer screening program in a slum setting using visual inspection with acetic acid: Analysis of feasibility and cost 2012
- The Tensions challenges of Unpredictable Drug Shortages 2012
MGHers elevate clinical care in Bangladesh: Bimalangshu Ranjan Dey, MD, of the MGH Cancer Center, begins where his story began – his birthplace of Bangladesh. Dey left the country when he was 18, but he always believed that one day he would return to use his skills and passion to improve the health and well-being of the people of Bangladesh.
Two Massachusetts General Hospital physicians who participated in the international response to the major earthquakes that hit Nepal in April and May each describe their experiences in Perspectives articles receiving Online First publication today in the New England Journal of Medicine.
MGH Hotline 4.11.15 She is best known as an American supermodel for brands such as Calvin Klein, Chanel and Maybelline Cosmetics. But Christy Turlington recently established a different reputation for herself: maternal health advocate for women around the world.
In General Awards and Honors
audio and web story featuring MGH physician Annekathryn Goodman
quotes MGH physician Annekathryn Goodman and former MGH investigator Arthur Herbst
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston MA, 02114-2696