Dr Ecker practices maternal-fetal-medicine (high risk ob). His clinical work involves managing complications of pregnancy and prenatal diagnosis.
- Clinical Interests
- High risk pregnancy
- Obstetric ultrasound
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowship, UC San Francisco
- Board Certifications
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Waltham: Mass General West
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
Ecker JL, Frigoletto FD. Cesarean Delivery and the Risk-Benefit Calculus. N Engl J Med 2007; 356: 885-8
Minkoff H, Ecker JL. Genetic testing and breach of confidentiality: Law, ethics and pragmatics. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008; 198:489e1-4.
Minkoff HL, Ecker JL. The California octuplets and the duties of reproductive endocrinologists. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 2009, 201:15.e1-3.
Ecker JL, Greene MF. Gestational Diabetes-Setting limits, exploring treatments. N Engl J Med 2008; 358: 2061-3.
Ecker, JL. Gestational Diabetes: An Opportunity for Improvement. J Clin Endocrinol, Metab 2008; 93: 4646-7.
Mass General has been awarded the Baby-Friendly designation from Baby-Friendly USA, a credentialing program for hospitals that is part of an international initiative led by the World Health Organization and the United Nations Children's Fund. This accreditation highlights Mass General's commitment to ensuring that all mothers and their newborns receive the support needed to achieve breastfeeding success.
Jeffrey Ecker, MD, director of Obstetrical Clinical Research and Quality Assurance, has been named chief of the MGH Vincent Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, effective Dec. 1.
55 Fruit Street
Yawkey Center for Outpatient Care
Boston MA, 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-724-9014