- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Extracorporeal life support
- Neonatal surgery
- Pediatric Neoplasms
- Pediatric thoracic surgery
- Minimally invasive pediatric surgery
- Trauma and critical care
- Surgery for Inflamatory Bowel Disease - Ulcerative Colitis
- Surgery for Inflamatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's disease
- Medical Education
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Children's Hospital Cincinnati
- Board Certifications
- Pediatric Surgery
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Newton: Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Pediatric and Adult
- Nehra D, Goldstein AM, Doody DP, Ryan DP, Masiakos PT. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for non-neonatal acute respiratory failure: the Massachusetts General Hospital experience from 1990 to 2008. Archives of Surgery. 2009 May;144(5):427-32.
Ryan, DP, Doody, DP. Restorative Proctocolectomy With and Without Protective Ileostomy in a Pediatric Population. J Pediatric Surgery 2011; 46(1): 200-203.
Nehra D, Goldstein AM, Doody DP, Ryan DP, Masiakos PT. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for non-neonatal acute respiratory failure: the Massachusetts General Hospital experience from 1990 to 2008. Archives of Surgery. 2009 May;144(5):427-32.
Claudine Humure arrived at MassGeneral Hospital for Children from Rwanda for bone cancer treatment. More than improved health, she also gained a new family.
The third-annual Family-Centered Grand Rounds, “The A Team— Building an Effective Healthcare Team,” honed in on the importance of team communication in care.
Harrison was just 3 weeks old when he was first admitted to MassGeneral Hospital for Children following an unexpected tracheotomy. His care has spanned 8 pediatric subspecialties and included repair of a hiatal hernia and a re-do of a Nissen Fundoplication—a surgical procedure to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Harrison's mom tells their story in this wonderful letter.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696