Daniel Patrick (Daniel) Ryan, MD
Visiting Surgeon, Massachusetts General Hospital
Chief of Pediatric Surgery, Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Pediatric Surgery
- Department of Surgery
- Cancer Center
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Surgery: General, Thoracic, & Minimally Invasive
- Clinical Interests
- Extracorporeal life support
- Neonatal surgery
- Pediatric Neoplasms
- Pediatric thoracic surgery
- Minimally invasive pediatric surgery
- Trauma and critical care
- Surgery for Inflamatory Bowel Disease - Ulcerative Colitis
- Surgery for Inflamatory Bowel Disease - Crohn's disease
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Newton: Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Medical Education
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Children's Hospital Boston
- Board Certifications
- Pediatric Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and pediatric
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
ForMost Managed Care
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - New York
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
16. Nehra D, Goldstein AM, Doody DP, Ryan DP, Masiakos PT. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for non-neonatal acute respiratory failure: the Massachusetts General Hospital experience from 1990 to 2008. Archives of Surgery. 2009 May;144(5):427-32.
19. Ryan, DP, Doody, DP. Restorative Proctocolectomy With and Without Protective Ileostomy in a Pediatric Population. J Pediatric Surgery 2011; 46(1): 200-203.
1. Ryan, DP, Doody, DP. Restorative Proctocolectomy With and Without Protective Ileostomy in a Pediatric Population. J Pediatric Surgery 2011; 46(1): 200-203.
1. Nehra D, Goldstein AM, Doody DP, Ryan DP, Masiakos PT. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for non-neonatal acute respiratory failure: the Massachusetts General Hospital experience from 1990 to 2008. Archives of Surgery. 2009 May;144(5):427-32.
The third-annual Family-Centered Grand Rounds, “The A Team— Building an Effective Healthcare Team,” honed in on the importance of team communication in care.
Harrison was just 3 weeks old when he was first admitted to MassGeneral Hospital for Children following an unexpected tracheotomy. His care has spanned 8 pediatric subspecialties and included repair of a hiatal hernia and a re-do of a Nissen Fundoplication—a surgical procedure to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease. Harrison's mom tells their story in this wonderful letter.
Claudine Humure arrived at MassGeneral Hospital for Children from Rwanda for bone cancer treatment. More than improved health, she also gained a new family.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.