Dr Wright is a Visiting Surgeon in the Dept of Surgery and a Professor of Surgery at Harvard. He is the Associate Chief of the Division of Thoracic Surgery and the Associate Program Director. He serves as the Chair of Quality for Surgery.
- Centers & Specialties
- Esophageal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Sarcoma and Connective Tissue Oncology
- Thoracic Cancers
- Clinical Interests
- Tracheal surgery
- Lung cancer
- Mediastinal tumors
- Esophageal cancer
- Minimally invasive chest surgery
- VATS (Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery)
- Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy
- Idiopathic Laryngotracheal Stenosis
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr Wright serves on several Boards and National Society committees, including the American Board of Thoracic Surgery, as a Director of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, and as Chair of the General Thoracic Database.
Dr Wright has been elected to the Castle Connolly "Top Doctor" for the past 10 years and the "Best Doctors" in Boston Magazine for the past 6 years.
Dr Wright also has a keen interest in quality and patient safety in surgery and Chairs the MGH Department of Surgery Quality Assurance committee.
Dr Wright also serves as a Colonel in the USAR and has deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Research Summary
- My research is primarily related to outcomes of the patients I treat. I am especially focused on thymic tumors (both thymomas and thymic cancers) and participate in an international thymic tumor interest group (ITMIG). I have led the Society of Thoracic Surgeons General Thoracic Database for many years and have published extensively on outcomes based upon this robust national database and developed risk-models to predict and compare results. I also have a long-standing interest in surgery of the airway (tracheal stenosis, tracheal tumors and idiopathic laryngotracheal stenosis) and have published on early and late results.
Cameron Wright, MD, associate chief of the MGH Division of Thoracic Surgery, was honored as the first incumbent of the Mathisen Family Professorship in Surgery in the Field of Thoracic Surgery.
Massachusetts General Hospital offers specialized operation to remove chronic blood clots from pulmonary arteries
Massachusetts General Hospital offers pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE), a highly specialized operation to remove chronic blood clots in the lungs. Without surgery, patients who have this life-threatening disease will likely develop progressive shortness of breath so severe that it leads to heart failure.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696