- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Lung cancer
- Chest wall tumors
- Emphysema and Volume reduction surgery
- Tracheobronchial disorders
- Thymoma and surgical treatment of myasthenia gravis
- Esophageal cancer
- Medical Education
- MD, Technische Universitaet Muenchen
- Residency, Barnes Jewish Hospital|Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Barnes Jewish Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Newton: Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Gaissert HA, et al. Long-term survival after resection of primary adenoid cystic and squamous cell carcinoma of the trachea and carina. Ann Thorac Surg, 2004;78:1889-97.
Gaissert HA, et al. Segmental laryngotracheal and tracheal resection for invasive thyroid carcinoma. Ann Thorac Surg, 2007;83:1952-9.
Gaissert HA, et al. Operative Risk of Pneumonectomy: Influence of Preoperative Induction Therapy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 2009;138:289-94.
Evans NR 3rd, Gaissert HA, et al. The impact of induction therapy on morbidity and operative mortality after resection of primary lung cancer. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2010;139:991-6.e1-2.
Honings J, Gaissert HA, et al. Prognostic value of pathologic characteristics and resection margins in tracheal adenoid cystic carcinoma. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2010 Mar 29.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
2000 Washington Street
Newton, MA 02462-1650