Joseph A. Grocela, MD, is a urologist at the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Urology. He specializes in the treatment of Urinary incontinence, pelvic floor disorders, and related research.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Male and female incontinence
- Brachytherapy (radioactive seeds) for prostate cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Voiding dysfunction
- Medical Education
- MD, UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
- Medical device development, including an office sling for female urinary incontinence, as well as a device for the treatment of sleep apnea and snoring. In addition, development and prototyping of innovative testing equipment for voiding dysfunction.
Same day surgery procedures: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for ambulatory procedures with short recovery time, allowing discharge that day.
Prostatectomy: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for a prostatectomy procedure. A prostatectomy is a surgical procedure to remove the prostate gland.
Nephrectomy: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for a nephrectomy procedure. A nephrectomy is a surgical procedure to remove all or part of the kidney. Surgery may involve one or both kidneys.
Cystectomy: A patient education video
What to expect during admission for a cystectomy procedure. A cystectomy is a surgical procedure to removal all or part of the urinary bladder.
15 Parkman St
Boston MA, 02114-3117
Phone 1: 617-726-8475