- Clinical Interests
- Dementia prevention
- Effects of exercise, diet, and socialization on the brain
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Chelsea: MGH Chelsea HealthCare Center
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - SSN
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Marie Pasinski, M.D. graduated from Harvard Medical School and completed her residency at Brigham and Women's Hospital. She is currently a staff neurologist at Massachusetts General Hospital and a faculty member at Harvard Medical School. Since 1991, she has been the consulting neurologist for the Massachusetts General Hospital Health Care Centers, where she cares for patients with a range of neurologic disorders. Her special interests include dementia prevention and the effects of exercise, diet, and socialization on the brain.
Dr. Pasinski has appeared in numerous media outlets, including TV, radio and print, and she writes a regular column in the health section of The Huffington Post. She is a frequent guest speaker at conferences and symposia, where she has been increasing public awareness about the importance of adopting a brain-healthy lifestyle.
There is no perfect antidote to combating stress, rather there are several options a person can turn to when working to outsmart stress, says MGH neurologist Marie Pasinski, MD. "Your mind can only hold one thought at a time, so if you force yourself to think a positive thought, you can't be thinking a negative thought – and you can start to redesign the infrastructure of the brain."
Research has shown that sitting for extended periods may not only negatively affect health but also may prematurely shorten lifespan. Marie Pasinski, MD, offers five ways to incorporate more activity into the workday.
It's never too late to change your brain.
report features MGH physician Marie Pasinski, MD
quotes MGH physician Marie Pasinski
includes several tips from MGH physician Marie Pasinski
video report includes comments from MGH physician Marie Pasinski
MGH doctors Nicte Mejia-Gonzalez and Marie Pasinski talk about providing neurological care to patients at MGH Community Health Care centers.
73 High Street
Charlestown MA, 02129-3026
151 Everett Avenue
Chelsea MA, 02150-1807
300 Ocean Avenue
Revere MA, 02151-3675