- Clinical Interests
- Preventive care
- Chronic disease management
- Medical Education
- MD, Harvard Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Ferris was born in Worcester MA and educated at Middlebury College, Oxford University (M.Phil.), Harvard Medical School (MD), and Harvard School of Public Health (MPH). Particular clinical interests within primary care include medically complex patients, geriatrics, and respiratory and heart conditions. He conducted health policy research at the Mongan Institute for Health Policy and served as the Medical Director of the Mass General Physicians Organization, and the Senior Vice President for Population Health at both Mass General and Partners Healthcare. He now serves as the CEO of the Mass General Physicians Organization.
Timothy G. Ferris, MD, has been named chairman and CEO of the MGPO, effective Aug. 1. Ferris served as senior vice president for Population Health Management for the MGH/MGPO and was the former medical director for the MGPO. He also was the senior vice president for Population Health Management at Partners HealthCare.
Following a thorough and careful selection process, Timothy G. Ferris, MD, has been named CEO of the MGPO, effective Aug. 1.
In a New England Journal of Medicine article and a issue brief from the Commonwealth Fund, two Massachusetts General Hospital physicians and their co-authors outline best practices in complex care management, discuss barriers to wider adoption of the approach and describe potential strategies to surmount those barriers.
In General awards and honors: March 22, 2013
For decades, health care has been organized primarily around episodic interactions with individual patients. With population health management, however, care is organized around patients’ health needs regardless of whether they are seeking health care. The goal is better health for these patients as well as lower costs.
15 Parkman Street
Boston, MA 02114-3117