- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Breast cancer
- Breast cancer treatment
- Benign breast evaluation
- Benign breast problems
- Nipple sparing mastectomy
- Cosmetically designed incisions for surgical biopsies
- High-risk patients
- Genetic susceptibility to breast cancer
- Medical Education
- MD, Pennsylvania State University School of Medicine
- Residency, San Diego Medical Center
- Fellowship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center|Fellowship, San Diego Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Nashua: Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
- Waltham: Mass General West
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and Pediatric
Michele A. Gadd, M.D. is a is an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School and an Associate Visiting Surgeon at the Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Gadd received her undergraduate training at Bucknell University in Pennsylvania, and her Medical Degree from Pennsylvania State University. Dr. Gadd completed a surgical residency at the University of California - San Diego, and then a Surgical Oncology Fellowship at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
Dr. Gadd's research activities have focused on reducing the extent of axillary surgery required to treat breast cancer, on improving the cosmetic results of treatment and on quality improvement in breast cancer care.
Dr. Gadd works in a multidisciplinary breast cancer setting, teaches at the medical school and participates in breast cancer related clinical research activities.
- Research Summary
- Research and Teaching
- Teach surgical residents and fellows how to perform breast procedures and evaluate patients with breast cancer and benign breast problems
- Research in sentinel node biopsy
- Research in patient care decision making
- Research in quality improvement for breast cancer care
- An inferolateral approach to nipple-sparing mastectomy: optimizing mastectomy and reconstruction. Colwell AS, Gadd M, Smith BL, Austen WG Jr. Ann Plast Surg. 2010; 65(2):140-3.
Diminishing morbidity with the increased use of sentinel node biopsy in breast carcinoma. Bafford A, Gadd M, Lipsitz S, Golshan M.Am J Surgery 2010; 200(3):374-7.
The association between biological subtype and isolated regional nodal failure after breast- conserving therapy. Wo JY, Taghian AG, Nguyen PL, Raad RA, Sreedhara M, Bellon JR, Wong JS, Gadd MA, Smith BL, Harris JR. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 77 (1):188-96.
Diagnosis of breast cancer in women age 40 and younger: delays in diagnosis result from under use of genetic testing and breast imaging. Samphao S, Wheeler AL, Rafferty E, Michaelson JS, Specht MC, Gadd MA, Hughes KS, Smith BL. Am J Surgery 2009; 198(4): 538-43.
Sentinel lymph node biopsy for staging early breast cancer:minimizing the trade-off by maximizing the accuracy. Gadd M. Annals Oncology 2009; 20 (6):973-5.
As part of the multidisciplinary approach to breast cancer treatment, Mass General Cancer Center patients receive care from an integrated team of pathologists, radiologists, and medical, surgical, and radiation oncologists.
55 Fruit St
Boston MA, 02114-2696
52 Second Avenue
Waltham MA, 02451