- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Care of patients with serious and life-threatening illness
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Wisconsin Medical School
- Residency, Cambridge Health Alliance
- Fellowship, Dana Farber Cancer Institute|Fellowship, VA Boston Healthcare System
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Vicki, a general internist, is the Chief of the Palliative Care at MGH. She received her palliative care fellowship training at the Pain & Palliative Care Service at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Brigham and Women's Hospital. Her research and educational interests include improving physician's care of patients with life-threatening illness.
"I find this work deeply grounding and immensely rewarding. I am privileged each day to witness the strength of the human spirit as patients and families grapple with serious illness."
As the MGH celebrates the 20th anniversary of Palliative Care, Vicki Jackson, MD, chief of the Palliative Care and Geriatric Medicine Division, talks about the emotion of this milestone, the excitement of embarking on the division’s future projects and the challenges the unit has overcome.
December marked five years since the launch of the Robert Leffert, MD, Memorial Lecture: Living Well in the Face of Serious Illness.
Vicki Jackson, MD, MPH, was recently featured on WGBH Boston's "You're Not Alone" news special.
To care for Robert Leffert, MD, as he faced a terminal cancer diagnosis, Vicki Jackson, MD, MPH, chief of the MGH Palliative Care Service, had to learn about all aspects of who he was – not only an MGH physician and Harvard professor, but also a decorated veteran and kid who grew up in Brooklyn.
MGH Hotline 03.25.11 VICKI JACKSON, MD, MPH, has been appointed chief of the MGH Palliative Care Unit.
MGH Hotline 08.27.10 Integrating palliative care early in the treatment of advanced lung cancer not only improved patients' mood and quality of life, but also extended their lives.
Integrating palliative care early in the treatment of patients with advanced lung cancer not only improved their mood and quality of life, it also extended their lives.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696