James A. Gordon, MD, MPA, is Chief of the Division of Medical Simulation in the Department of Emergency Medicine, and Director of the Learning Laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Clinical Interests
- Medical simulation
- Social Emergency Medicine
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Residency, University of Michigan Hospitals
- Fellowship, University of Michigan Hospitals
- Board Certifications
- Emergency Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and Pediatric
Dr. Gordon directs the Gilbert Program in Medical Simulation at Harvard Medical School, where he is a Professor of Medicine (Emergency Medicine) and Academy Scholar. Dr. Gordon co-founded the Institute for Medical Simulation at the Center for Medical Simulation in Cambridge, Massachusetts. His work has been featured in the New Yorker magazine, and highlighted as medical news in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).
- Research Summary
- Dr. Gordon served as principal investigator and national co-chair of the first federally-funded research consensus conference on simulation in healthcare, and was a founding board member of the international Society for Simulation in Healthcare.
MGH Hotline 4.29.11 THEY SAY THAT PRACTICE makes perfect. The new MGH Learning Laboratory, located on the second floor of the Treadwell Library in Bartlett Hall, was created to provide a collaborative environment for MGH caregivers to do just that.
quotes MGH physician James Gordon
HAZMAT Team Training Slideshow
View a slideshow with scenes from an early morning exercise that the MGH HAZMAT team members participated in.
Celebrating 200 Years: 1811 - 2011
Since 1811, people have counted on Mass General for answers, innovations and medical leadership. As our third century dawns, we remain ready to serve.
Frank Robinson's Story
Watch 46-year-old Frank Robinson tell the story of his life-saving experience at Mass General after a massive coronary.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696