- Clinical Interests
- Complex enterocutaneous fistula
- Abdominal wall reconstruction
- Chest wall deformity and rib fracture repair
- Hernia surgery
- Compartment syndrome
- Critical care
- Gallbladder disease
- Surgical emergencies
- Traumatic injuries
- Medical Education
- MD, Temple University
- Residency, Saint Barnabas Medical Center
- Fellowship, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Surgical Critical Care
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. deMoya's clinical expertise is in Trauma, Emergency Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care. Emergency surgery refers to surgical disease states of bowel obstruction (ie, incarcerated hernias, adhesive bowel disease), gastrointestinal hemorrhage (bleeding), acute inflammation (ie Pancreatitis, Cholecystitis, Appendicitis), or acute perforations of bowel. In addition, he is expert in traumatic injuries and has pioneered work in treatment of severe rib fractures/deformity, traumatic brain injury, and imaging in trauma. He is double board certified in General Surgery and in Surgical Critical Care. As a surgical intensivist he cares for patients in the surgical intensive care unit.
de Moya M, Seaver C, etal. Occult Pneumothorax in Trauma Patients: Development of an Objective Scoring System. J Trauma 2007;63(1):13-17.
de Moya M, Dunham M, etal. Long-term outcome of acellular dermal matrix when used for large traumatic open abdomen. J Trauma. 2008;65(2):349-353.
de Moya M, Zacharias N, etal. Colovesical fistula repair: Is early foley catheter removal safe? J Surg Res. 2009;156(2):274-7.
More available via pub-med
Trauma surgeon Marc DeMoya, MD, was recognized during a special ceremony at the Massachusetts State House, where he was honored with the Massachusetts State Police Lifesaving Award, established to recognize a civilian who undertakes significant actions in saving the life of another.
Trailer for Boston Med
Trailer for the eight-part documentary featuring clinicians at Mass General.
15 Parkman St
Boston MA, 02114-3117