BiographyI focus on clinical anesthesia and research as well as resident education. Clinically, I am currently actively engaged in numerous services in the main operating room and off site areas, and I devote a great deal of clinical time and effort to the Pod Pilot Project, a multi-disciplinary group of operating rooms working to define best practice in the perioperative environment. I spend my research time as the Principal Investigator on an IRB study on the clinical effect of induction agents. I have been actively involved in resident education daily including Periodic operating room tutorial of residents and Harvard Medical School students. I spend time on the development of "OR Survival Guide for New Anesthesia Residents," "Goals and Objectives for POD OR and POD PACU Rotation," "Roles and Responsibilities for POD Rotation," "POD Service Evaluation Form for Residents," "OB Oral and Written Board Review Sheet" and "Anesthesia Keywords for Written Board Exam." I give a lecture series on "Anesthesia for Cerebral Aneurysm" and "Anesthesia for Urgent Emergency Cesarean Delivery." I also serve on numerous departmental committees, including Resident Recruitment and Quality Assurance.
1) Gorji R, Wang JP, Holsapple J; Eller J (2008). Hypothermic Circulatory Arrest for treatment of Renal Carcinoma. Accepted by Journal of Clinical Anesthesia.
(2) Bosco B, Yang Z-J, Nandi J, Wang JP, Chung C, Camporesi EM (2007). Effects of hyperbaric oxygen on glucose, lactate, glycerol and anti-oxidant enzymes in the skeletal muscle of rats during ischaemia and reperfusion. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. Jan-Feb;34(1-2):70-6.
(3) Yang Z-J, Wang JP, Nandi J, Bosco G, Gregory M, Chung C, Xie Y, Yang X, Camporesi CV, Camporesi EM (2006). Hyperbaric Oxygenation Ameliorates Indomethacin-Induced Enteropathy in Rats by Modulation of TNF-a Production. Dig Dis Sci. 51:1426-33.
(4) Pedoto A, Nandi J, Yang Z-J, Wang JP, Bosco G, Oler A, Hakim TS and Camporesi EM (2003). Beneficial effect of hyperbaric oxygen pretreatment on lipopolysaccharide-induced shock in rats. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 30:4812-488.
(5) Wang JP, Yang X, Camporesi CV, Yang Z-J, Bosco G, Chen C, Camporesi. EM (2002). Effect of propofol on MCAO-induced focal ischemia injury and extracellular dopamine level. Euro J Pharmacol. 452:303-308.
(6) Yang Z-J, Camporesi C, Yang X, Wang JP, Bosco G, Lok J, Gorji R, Schelper RL, Camporesi EM (2002). Hyperbaric oxygenation mitigates focal cerebral injury and reduces striatal dopamine release in a rat model of transient middle cerebral artery occlusion. Euro J Appl Physiol. 87:601-607.
(7) Pedoto A, Wang JP, Tassiopoulos AK, Hakim TS, Yang ZJ, Camporesi EM (2001). Hypotension during septic shock does not correlate with exhaled nitric oxide in anesthetized rat. Shock 17:427-432.
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.