- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Thoracoabdominal and complex aortic aneurysms
- Aortic dissection
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms and aortoiliac disease
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Renal or mesenteric vascular diseases
- Diabetic foot & ulcer treatment
- Venous insufficiency and varicose veins
- Deep venous thrombosis
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD)
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
- Medical Education
- MPH, Harvard School of Public Health
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Vascular Surgery
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Circulation. 2003;108:1113-1118.
FASEB J. 2006;20(9):1418-30.
Transplant Proc. 2006;38(10):3225-7.
Journal of Vascular Surgery. October 2007; 46:738-42.
Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2008;48:701-8.
Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2008;48:872-7.
Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2009;49(6):1480-9.
After renowned pianist Menahem Pressler suffered a life-threatening aneurysm, he entrusted his care to an Mass General surgeon Virendra Patel, MD, MPH, with an innovative grafting procedure.
15 Parkman Street
Boston MA, 02114-3117
104 Endicott Street
Danvers MA, 01923-3623