- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Thoracoabdominal and complex aortic aneurysms
- Aortic dissection
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms and aortoiliac disease
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Renal or mesenteric vascular diseases
- Diabetic foot & ulcer treatment
- Venous insufficiency and varicose veins
- Deep venous thrombosis
- Peripheral vascular disease (PVD)
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS)
- Medical Education
- MPH, Harvard School of Public Health
- MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Vascular Surgery
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Virendra Patel is on staff in the Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at Mass General. Dr. Patel came to Mass General in 2006 as a clinical fellow and in 2008 joined the Department of Surgery as an Instructor in Surgery at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Patel's practice involves management of the full spectrum of vascular disease and he performs both open and endovascular (minimally invasive) arterial and venous surgery. His clinical interests include treatment of complex thoracic and abdominal aneurysms and dissections. Additional clinical interests include cerbrovascular disease, renovascular disease, mesenteric arterial disease, peripheral arterial disease, diabetic foot management, and venous disease. Dr. Patel's research focuses on clinical outcomes of open and endovascular surgery. Dr. Patel's residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center included a NIH-NRSA vascular surgery research fellowship. A graduate of Tufts University School of Medicine, Dr. Patel received his MPH at the Harvard School of Public Health in 2011.
- Circulation. 2003;108:1113-1118.
FASEB J. 2006;20(9):1418-30.
Transplant Proc. 2006;38(10):3225-7.
Journal of Vascular Surgery. October 2007; 46:738-42.
Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2008;48:701-8.
Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2008;48:872-7.
Journal of Vascular Surgery. 2009;49(6):1480-9.
After renowned pianist Menahem Pressler suffered a life-threatening aneurysm, he entrusted his care to an Mass General surgeon Virendra Patel, MD, MPH, with an innovative grafting procedure.
15 Parkman Street
Boston MA, 02114-3117
Phone 1: 617-643-6110
104 Endicott Street
Danvers MA, 01923-3623
Phone 1: 978-882-6885