Dr. Deshpande has contributed important work for establishing diagnostic criteria, and pioneering new treatments for IgG-4-related disease.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Gastrointestinal (GI) pathology
- Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology
- Medical Education
- MBBS, Jawaharlal Institute, University of Pondicherry
- Residency, All India Institute of Medical Sciences|Residency, Henry Ford Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Deshpande is a member of the Gastrointestinal Pathology Unit. His research has focused on surgical pathology in the areas of gastrointestinal and connective tissue diseases. His contributions to the field of IgG4-related disease have been instrumental in establishing diagnostic criteria, as well as pioneering new treatments for this disease. Dr. Deshpande has published over 100 peer-reviewed articles, editorials, reviews and book chapters and has been an invited speaker at major national and international pathology meetings. Dr. Deshpande serves on the editorial boards of the Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and Diagnostic Histopathology.
- Research Summary
Research interests include:
- The pathology and biology of pancreatic tumors
- IgG4-related disease.
- IgG4 Related Disease of the Head and Neck. Deshpande V. Head Neck Pathol. 2015 Mar 25. [Epub ahead of print]
- Erratum to: The Ability to Diagnose Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma Definitively Using Novel Branched DNA-Enhanced Albumin RNA In Situ Hybridization Technology. Ferrone CR, Ting DT, Shahid M, Konstantinidis IT, Sabbatino F, Goyal L, Rice-Stitt T, Mubeen A, Arora K, Bardeesy N, Miura J, Gamblin TC, Zhu AX, Borger D, Lillemoe KD, Rivera MN, Deshpande V. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015 Mar 19. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available.
- YAP Inhibition Restores Hepatocyte Differentiation in Advanced HCC, Leading to Tumor Regression. Fitamant J, Kottakis F, Benhamouche S, Tian HS, Chuvin N, Parachoniak CA, Nagle JM, Perera RM, Lapouge M, Deshpande V, Zhu AX, Lai A, Min B, Hoshida Y, Avruch J, Sia D, Campreci?s G, McClatchey AI, Llovet JM, Morrissey D, Raj L, Bardeesy N. Cell Rep. 2015 Mar 10. pii: S2211-1247(15)00173-4. doi: 10.1016/j.celrep.2015.02.027. [Epub ahead of print]
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696