Dr. Hoang offers courses in consultations in dermatopathology cutaneous reactions, and in the role of immunnohistochemistry in diagnosing tumors of cutaneous appendages. She directs the Dermatopathology Update CME course at Harvard Medical School.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Medical Education
- MD, UT Southwestern Medical School
- Residency, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Fellowship, Duke University Medical Center|Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Hoang is an anatomic pathologist specializing in dermatopathology. She is the medical director of the Pathology immunohistochemistry laboratory at Mass General Hospital. She is the course director of the Harvard Combined Dermatopathology Update course held annually at the Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel. She lectures at the annual American Society of Dermatopathology meetings, annual International Society of Dermatopathology meetings, and annual United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology meetings. She has published over 120 articles, and has authored and edited three books: "Melanocytic Lesions: a Case Based Approach", "Vulvar Pathology", and "Cutaneous Hematopathology".
- Research Summary
Dr. Hoang's research focuses on the diagnostic utility of immunohistochemistry in cutaneous neoplasms and the development of educational platforms using the latest technology. For more information about research concepts, co-authors, and to see a timeline, visit Dr. Hoang's profile at the Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center.
- Mordes DA, Lynch K, Campbell S, Dias-Santagata D, Nose V, Louis DN, Hoang MP. VE1 antibody immunoreactivity in normal anterior pituitary and adrenal cortexwithout detectable BRAF V600E mutations. Am J Clin Pathol. 2014 Jun;141(6):811-5doi: 10.1309/AJCP37TLZLTUAOJL. PubMed PMID: 24838325.
- Lee JJ, Mochel MC, Piris A, Boussahmain C, Mahalingam M, Hoang MP. p40 exhibits better specificity than p63 in distinguishing primary skin adnexal carcinomas from cutaneous metastases. Hum Pathol. 2014 May;45(5):1078-83. doi:10.1016/j.humpath.2014.01.006. Epub 2014 Jan 28. PubMed PMID: 24746214.
- Piris A, Peng Y, Boussahmain C, Essary LR, Gudewicz TM, Hoang MP. Cutaneous and mammary apocrine carcinomas have different immunoprofiles. Hum Pathol. 2014 Feb;45(2):320-6. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2013.09.007. Epub 2013 Dec 14. PubMed PMID: 24342430.
- Routhier CA, Mochel MC, Lynch K, Dias-Santagata D, Louis DN, Hoang MP. Comparison of 2 monoclonal antibodies for immunohistochemical detection of BRAF V600E mutation in malignant melanoma, pulmonary carcinoma, gastrointestinal carcinoma, thyroid carcinoma, and gliomas. Hum Pathol. 2013 Nov;44(11):2563-70. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2013.06.018. Epub 2013 Sep 24. PubMed PMID: 24071017.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696