Dr. Gudewicz is an expert in laboratory information systems and advanced information management technologies.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Breast pathology
- Clinical Informatics
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Texas Medical Branch
- Residency, Naval Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Gudewicz serves as Medical Director of the Anatomic and Molecular Pathology Laboratory Information System, and is involved with the development, testing, optimization and integration of laboratory information systems, process engineering and continuous process improvement methodology. He is also the Medical Director of the Histology and Surgical Pathology services. His research centers on the development of natural language processing algorithms for pathology database searches for the creation of structured vocabularies and the development of customized and automated structured pathology report applications. Additional interests include the design, validation and clinical integration of pathology imaging systems.
- Research Summary
Research interests include:
- Laboratory workflow analysis and optimization, process engineering and business intelligence analysis.
- Database design, adaptive user interfaces, structured vocabularies, and contextual searches.
- Whole slide imaging and applications, telepathology and integrated electronic pathologist workstation design.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696