- Centers & Specialties
- Medical Education
- MD, Temple University School of Medicine
- Residency, UMASS Medical Center
- Fellowship, UC San Diego Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Pediatric and Adult
The MGH recently hosted a scientific symposium, "Pulmonary Embolism: What Is Known, What We Need To Know" to discuss improvements in PE detection, care coordination and patient management.
The MGH Pulmonary Hypertension and Thromboendarterectomy Program hosted a patient reunion on May 5, giving patients and their families an opportunity to share stories and thank MGH caregivers.
The MGH offers pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE), a highly specialized operation to remove chronic blood clots in the lungs.
Massachusetts General Hospital offers specialized operation to remove chronic blood clots from pulmonary arteries
Massachusetts General Hospital offers pulmonary thromboendarterectomy (PTE), a highly specialized operation to remove chronic blood clots in the lungs. Without surgery, patients who have this life-threatening disease will likely develop progressive shortness of breath so severe that it leads to heart failure.
Sean's Story: A Second Chance
When Sean Sullivan arrived at the Emergency Department at Mass General, doctors immediately recognized the symptoms of a pulmonary embolism and activated the Pulmonary Embolism Response Team (PERT). With a single call, dozens of Mass General doctors from different specialties were notified of his condition and quickly discussed a treatment plan.
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696