Dr. Mukai is a retina specialist in the Ophthalmology Department. His clinical interests include medical and surgical management of vitreoretinal diseases, pediatric retina, retinal tumors, and the genetics of retinal diseases.
- Clinical Interests
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Medical Education
- MD, Brown University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Fellowship, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- Patient Age Group
Originally hailing from Tokyo, Japan, Shizuo Mukai earned his degree inmedicine from Brown University School of Medicine. After completing aresearch fellowship in Molecular Genetics and Eye Pathology, an Ophthalmologyresidency, and a joint clinical and research fellowship in Retina and MolecularGenetics, all at Mass. Eye and Ear, Dr. Mukai joined the Retina Service in 1989. His clinical interests include medical and surgical management of vitreoretinaldiseases, pediatric retina, retinal tumors, and the genetics of retinal diseases.
MGH Hotline 07.30.10 Th efforts of three doctors at three separate institutions came together to forever change the life of one little boy living in a remote village in Haiti.
243 Charles Street
Boston MA, 02114 - 3002
1 Montvale Avenue
Stoneham MA, 02180