Dr. Suzanne Coopey practices at both Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and Danvers, and at North Shore Medical Center. For patients wishing to schedule an appointment, please call 978-882-6899.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Diagnosis and treatment of breast disease
- Management of patients at high risk for breast cancer
- Innovations in lumpectomy techniques
- Nipple sparing mastectomy
- Medical Education
- MD, Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Residency, Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Salem: North Shore Medical Center
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
Dr. Coopey's research activities are focused on innovations in lumpectomy techniques to optimize re-excision rates and cosmetic outcomes, clarifying the risk of breast cancer in women with atypical breast lesions, and evaluating nipple-sparing mastectomy techniques and outcomes.
- Optimizing Lumpectomy Outcome
- High Risk Patients
- Nipple Sparing Mastectomy
Coopey SB, Smith BL. The Nipple is Just Another Margin. Ann Surg Oncol 2015 Nov;22(12):3764-6.
Coopey SB, Tang R, Lei L, Freer PE, Kansal K, Colwell AS, Gadd MA, Specht MC, Austen WG, Smith BL. Increasing Eligibility for Nipple Sparing Mastectomy. Ann Surg Oncol 2013;20(10):3218.
Coopey SB, Specht MC, Warren L, Smith BL, Winograd JM, Fleischmann K. Use of Preoperative Paravertebral Block Decreases Length of Stay in Patients Undergoing Mastectomy plus Immediate Reconstruction. Ann Surg Oncol 2013;20(4): 1282-6.
Coopey SB, Mazzola E, Buckley JM, Sharko J, Belli AK, Kim EM, Polubriaginof F, Parmigiani G, Garber JE, Smith BL, Gadd MA, Specht MC, Guidi AJ, Roche CA, Hughes KS. The Role of Chemoprevention in Modifying the Risk of Breast Cancer in Women with Atypical Breast Lesions. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2012;136(3): 627–633.
Coopey SB, Buckley JM, Smith BL, Hughes KS, Gadd MA, Specht MC. Lumpectomy Cavity Shaved Margins Do Not Impact Re-Excision Rates in Breast Cancer Patients. Ann Surg Oncol 2011; 18:3036-3040
Coopey S, Smith BL, Hanson SA, Buckley JM, Hughes KS, Gadd MA, Specht MC. The Safety of Multiple Re-Excisions after Lumpectomy for Breast Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol 2011; 18: 3797-3801.
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623
Phone 1: 978-882-6899
Phone 2: 978-882-6890
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-726-6500
Phone 2: 617-643-9593