- Clinical Interests
- Pituitary amenorrhea
- Pituitary disease
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency, Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Diabetes & Metabolism
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Fazeli is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and an attending physician in the Neuroendocrine Unit at MGH. She attended Harvard College and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, graduating as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. In 2012, she also earned a Master of Public Health degree from the Harvard School of Public Health. Dr. Fazeli completed her residency training in Internal Medicine at Columbia University Medical Center in New York, where she served as a Chief Resident. She completed fellowship training in Endocrinology at MGH in 2010 and has been an attending physician in the Neuroendocrine Unit since that time. Dr. Fazeli has a particular interest in pituitary causes of amenorrhea and infertility.
- Research Summary
Dr. Fazeli is an NIH-funded investigator (K23 and R03 awards). Her research interests include understanding the physiology of acute and chronic undernutrition.
Marrow fat and bone--new perspectives. Fazeli PK, Horowitz MC, MacDougald OA, Scheller EL, Rodeheffer MS, Rosen CJ, Klibanski A. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Mar;98(3):935-45.
Marrow fat and preadipocyte factor-1 levels decrease with recovery in women with anorexia nervosa. Fazeli PK, Bredella MA, Freedman L, Thomas BJ, Breggia A, Meenaghan E, Rosen CJ, Klibanski A.
J Bone Miner Res. 2012 Sep;27(9):1864-71.
Zero Emerson Place
Boston, MA 02114-2217