- Clinical Interests
- Pituitary disease
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency, Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Diabetes & Metabolism
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Fazeli is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School and an attending physician in the Neuroendocrine Unit at MGH. She attended Harvard College, the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and earned a Master of Public Health degree from the Harvard School of Public Health in 2012. Dr. Fazeli completed her residency training in internal medicine at Columbia University Medical Center in New York, where she served as Chief Resident. She completed fellowship training in Endocrinology at MGH in 2010 and has been an attending physician in the Neuroendocrine Unit since that time. Dr. Fazeli is a Course Director for the Longitudinal Course in Clinical Medicine at Harvard Medical School and serves as an Associate Program Director for the MGH Endocrine Division's Fellowship Training Program. Dr. Fazeli has a particular interest in hormonal mediators of amenorrhea and infertility.
- Research Summary
Dr. Fazeli is an NIH-funded investigator. Her research is focused in two areas:
1) Understanding hormonal adaptations to undernutrition and how they relate to the long-term consequences of undernutrition, such as loss of bone mass. This includes studying the role of fibroblast growth factor (FGF) 21 in the human starvation response and understanding the role and function of marrow adipose tissue, a fat depot which is paradoxically increased in states of chronic undernutrition.
2) Understanding hormonal mediators of amenorrhea and infertility.
Research at the MGH is interwoven throughout more than 30 departments, centers and units and is conducted with the support and guidance of the MGH Research Institute. The Research Roundup is a monthly series highlighting studies, news and events.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696