Dr. Louissaint is an autopsy and hematopathology specialist. As an educator, he leads surgical grossing case discussions, and develops curriculum for the Pathology Residency Program at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Autopsy Pathology
- Medical Education
- MD, PhD, Weill Cornell College of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Louissaint's clinical and research interests focus on hematopathology and on the molecular characterization of hematological malignancies.
Dr. Louissaint also has an interest in the development of novel approaches and programs for improving pathology graduate medical education. Current work includes the utility of digital imaging and development of web-based applications to enhance the teaching of autopsy and surgical gross pathology.
- Research Summary
As a surgical pathologist with a particular interest in hematopathology, my current research is focused on the molecular characterization of particular disease entities, for the purposes of both classification and prediction of prognosis and susceptibility to treatment. I am currently working on two lines of investigation: 1)Characterization of follicular lymphoma with a special focus on pediatric follicular lymphomas and t(14;18) negative follicular lymphomas. 2) Molecular characterization of thymomas and thymic carcinomas.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696