Dr. Metson specializes in the treatment of patients with disorders of the nose and sinuses.
- Clinical Interests
- Nasal and sinus surgery
- Medical Education
- MD, University of California San Diego Medical School
- Residency, Huntington Memorial Hospital|Residency, UCLA Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - other
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
Information about Dr. Metson's clinical activity can be viewed at www.SinusVideos.com.
Metson, R. Image-guided sinus surgery: Lessons learned from the first 1,000 cases. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2003;128:8-13.
Stankovic K, Goldsztein H, Reh DH, Platt MP, Metson R. Gene expression profiling of nasal polyps associated with chronic sinusitis and aspirin-sensitive asthma. Laryngoscope 2008;118:881-889.
Cestari DM, Metson RB, Cunnane ME, Faquin WC. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 40-2008. A 26-year-old man with blurred vision. N Engl J Med 2008;359:2825-33.
Reh DD, Lewis CM, Metson R. Frontal bullosa: diagnosis and management of a new variant for frontal mucocele. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2010;136:625-628.
Soler ZM, Sindwani R, Metson R. Endoscopic sphenoid nasalization for the treatment of advanced sphenoid disease. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2010;143:456-458.
Boston MA, 02114