- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Congenital heart disease
- Non-invasive vascular imaging
- Emergency radiology
- Radiation Dose Protection
- Cardiac computed tomography (Cardiac CT)
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (Cardiac MRI)
- Medical Education
- MBA, Case Western Reserve University
- MD, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
- Residency, Western Pennsylvania Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - New York
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and Pediatric
Dr. Ghoshhajra specializes in the use of advanced cross-sectional imaging techniques (including Ultrasonography, CT, and MRI) to non-invasively diagnose diseases of the blood vessels and heart. His clinical interests include advanced non-invasive imaging for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular and venous disease, and congenital heart disease.
His training includes a Transitional Residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, PA, Diagnostic Radiology Residency at the Western Pennsylvania Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA, and a National Institutes of Health - sponsored Clinical and Research Fellowship in Cardiovascular Imaging at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA. He also holds a Masters in Business Administration from the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH. He is board certified by the American Board of Radiology and the Certification Board of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography, and has published numerous scientific articles and book chapters on cardiovascular imaging. He serves on the Board of Directors of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography.
Dr. Ghoshhajra is the Service Chief for Cardiovascular Imaging in the Department of Radiology and is the Program Director for the Cardiovascular Imaging Fellowship.
- Research Summary
- Myocardial stress perfusion CT and MRI
- Cardiac MRI optimization
- Cardiac CT radiation dose reduction and efficiency
- Advanced Imaging for Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Dual-Energy Cardiac CT
- Emergency Cardiac CT Angiography
- Non-Invasive Vascular Imaging
- Ultra-low contrast dose computed tomography
Cardiovascular Images is a web-based monthly newsletter produced jointly by the Department of Radiology and the Department of Cardiology. Presented in case-study format and with plenty of actual clinical images, the newsletter provides physicians and healthcare professionals with factual and up-to-date information about cardiovascular examinations and procedures.
Throughout the month of February, our doctors and specialists in the Massachusetts General Hospital Institute for Heart, Vascular and Stroke Care will be sharing their expertise on various heart conditions and offering prevention tips in recognition of American Heart Month. Roughly one in every four deaths in the U.S. each year is due to heart disease, making it the leading cause of death for Americans.
A large study to be published in the August issue of the American Journal of Medicine reports a record radiation dose reduction of 74.8% to MGH Cardiac CT patients during the past 6 years.
Radiation-reduction case study: Cardiovascular imaging team reduces radiation dose for cardiac CT angiography by employing new scanner technology and carefully tailoring each exam to the patient.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-726-5954
Phone 2: 617-726-8354