- Centers & Specialties
- Medical Education
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine
- Residency, Cook County Hospital|Residency, Loyola University Medical Center
- Fellowship, University of Colorado Health Center
- Board Certifications
- Pulmonary Disease
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
David Oliver, a well-known magician from Weymouth, awaited a double lung transplant in the spring of 2014, close to death. When he arrived at the MGH, he had to undergo ambulatory extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
The MGH has become the first hospital in New England to successfully perform what’s being called a “lung-in-a-box” transplant.
36-year-old Connecticut resident Benard Basant got his life back when he underwent the MGH’s first combined heart-lung transplant surgery.
Single lung transplant has Thomas Derigo playing golf
Diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, Thomas Derigo, a husband and father to two teenage girls, had only one option: lung transplantation. Under the expert care of his team at Mass General, Thomas’s transplantation was a success, giving him the ability to live life normally and do the things he loves the most.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696