- Department of Medicine
- Cancer Center
- Breast Cancer
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Waltham: Mass General West
- Medical Education
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine
- Residency, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowship, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Hematology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Accepting New Patients
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Railroad Medicare - ACD
Senior Whole Health
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
BiographyDr. Amy Comander is a hematologist-oncologist who specializes in the care of women with breast cancer. She received her undergraduate degree and a master's degree in Biology at Harvard University. She received her medical degree at Yale University School of Medicine. She completed her Internal Medicine residency training and Hematology-Oncology fellowship training at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. Her interests include finding new treatments for breast cancer and helping her patients achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle after a breast cancer diagnosis.
View my most recent publications at PubMed
1. Clinical outcome of triple negative breast cancer in BRCA1 mutation carriers and noncarriers.
Lee LJ, Alexander B, Schnitt SJ, Comander A
, Gallagher B, Garber JE, Tung N. Cancer
. 2011 Jul 15;117(14):3093-100.
2. Estrogen receptor positive breast cancers in BRCA1 mutation carriers: clinical risk factors and pathologic features.
Tung N, Wang Y, Collins LC, Kaplan J, Li H, Gelman R, Comander AH
, Gallagher B, Fetten K, Krag K, Stoeckert KA, Legare RD, Sgroi D, Ryan PD, Garber JE, Schnitt SJ. Breast Cancer Res
Center for Breast Cancer
55 Fruit St
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Phone 2: 617-726-4920
Mass General/North Shore Cancer Center
102 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923-3623
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.