Jess L. Kaplan MD is a Pediatric Gastroenterologist at MassGeneral Hospital for Children. He specializes in the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases (Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis) and general pediatric gastroenterology.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Eosinophilic gastrointestinal disease
- Celiac disease
- Medical Education
- MD, UMASS Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Forestdale: Rehabilitation Hospital of the Cape and Islands
- Newton: Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Waltham: Mass General West
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Connecticut
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Jess Kaplan is an attending physician in the Department of Pediatrics and a Pediatric Gastroenterologist at MassGeneral Hospital for Children. He completed both his residency in pediatrics (2008) and fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition (2011) at MassGeneral Hospital for Children. Dr. Kaplan's clinical interests include inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) and other immune-mediated and general gastrointestinal disorders. He sees patients in the IBD Program at MGHfC/MGH West and at Newton Wellesley Hospital. He is the clinical director of the Pediatric IBD Program and director of IBD Clinical trials at MGHfC, where he conducts clinical and translational research and quality improvement initiatives. He is also the clinical lead of the nutritional therapy in IBD and fecal microbiota transplantation programs at MGHfC.
Moy MP, Kaplan JL, Moran CJ, Winter HS, Gee MS. MR enterography as a biomarker of mucosal healing in young patients with Crohn's disease. AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2016 Jun 28:1-7. [Epub ahead of print].
Wang F*, Kaplan JL*, Gold BD, Bhasin MK, Ward NL, Kellermayer R, Kirschner BS, Heyman MB, Dowd SE, Cox SB, Dogan H, Steven B, Ferry GD, Cohen SA, Baldassano RN, Moran CJ, Garnett EA, Drake L, Otu HH, Mirny LA, Libermann TA, Winter HS, Korolev KS. Detecting Microbial Dysbiosis Associated with Pediatric Crohn Disease Despite the High Variability of the Gut Microbiota. Cell Rep. 2016;14:945-55.
Moran CJ, Kaplan JL, Winter HS, Masiakos PT. Occult blood and perianal exam: value added in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease screening. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2015;6:52-55.
Russell GH, Kaplan JL, Youngster I, Baril-Dore M, Schindelar L, Hohmann E, Winter HS. Fecal transplant for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection in children with and without inflammatory bowel disease. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2014;58(5):588-592. PMID: 24792627
Koukos G, Polytarchou C, Kaplan JL, Morley-Fletcher A, Gras-Miralles B, Kokkotou E, Baril-Dore M, Pothoulakis C, Winter HS, Iliopoulos D. MicroRNA-124 Regulates STAT3 Expression and is Downregulated in Colon Tissues of Pediatric Patients with Ulcerative Colitis. Gastroenterology. 2013;145(4):842-853.
Kaplan JL, Walker WA. Early gut colonization and subsequent obesity risk. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2012;15(3):278-284
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696
Phone 1: 617-726-8705
Phone 2: 617-726-1450
280-D Route 130
Forestdale MA, 02644-1131