Katherine (Katie) P. Klein, DMD., M.S.Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Surgical orthodontics
- Adult orthodontics
- Adolescent orthodontics
- Pediatric orthodontics/Interceptive therapy
- Cleft lip and palate
- Sleep Apnea
- Esthetic orthodontics
- Medical Education
- MS, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- DMD, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Residency, David Grant U.S. Air Force Medical Center|Residency, University of North Carolina Hospitals
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and Pediatric
Dr. Katie Klein is a board-certified specialist in orthodontics and a faculty member in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department at the Harvard Dental School, Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH). Dr. Klein is the co-director of the Orthognathic Surgical Team at MGH and a member of the Cleft Lip at Palate Team both at MGH and Shriners Hospital for Children.
Dr. Klein received her Master of Science degree in Oral Biology and a Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Orthodontics from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. While there, Dr. Klein was selected as the Andrew M. Brooks Fellow. Dr. Klein graduated from the 7-year B.S./D.M.D. program at Villanova University and the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. As a recipient of an Air Force Health Professions Scholarship, she completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency at Travis Air Force Base (AFB) where she continued to serve as a general dentist upon graduation. In addition to practicing clinical dentistry at Travis AFB, Dr. Klein served as the Dental Public Health Officer, and in 2007 was recognized as the Junior Clinical Dentist of the Year.
Dr. Klein is the Chair of the New and Younger Member Committee for the New England Society of Orthodontists (NESO) and Scientific Chair of the 2016 Annual NESO Orthodontic Meeting. She is a member of the Communications Committee for NESO, Committee on Women in Dentistry, and the Massachusetts Association of Orthodontics Board, American Dental Association, American Association of Orthodontists, New England Society of Orthodontists, Massachusetts Association of Orthodontists, the University of North Carolina Orthodontic Alumni Association, Massachusetts Dental Society, Metropolitan District Dental Society and the Charles River Study Club.
Dr. Klein was selected as a 2014 recipient of the Massachusetts Dental Society Ten Under 10 Award.
- Research Summary
Dr. Klein's ongoing research projects involve pre-surgical orthodontics, sleep apnea, and distraction osteogenesis. Dr. Klein has presented her research at the national meeting of the American Association of Orthodontics.
Dr. Klein has published multiple articles in the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and the Journal of Dental Education. She is the author of a textbook chapter about Minimally Invasive Orthognathic Surgery.
Memberships and Associations:
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- Massachusetts Association of Orthodontists
- Massachusetts Orthodontic Board
- The University of North Carolina Orthodontic Alumni Association
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- Metropolitan District Dental Society
- Charles River Study Club
- The Standing Committee on Women in Dentistry
- American Academy of Dentistry
165 Cambridge Street
Boston MA, 02114