Inbar S. (Amber) Spofford, MD
- Department of Pediatrics
- MassGeneral Hospital for Children
- Gastroenterology & Nutrition
- Clinical Interests
- General pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition
- Medical education and procedural training
- Pediatric therapeutic endoscopy including:
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Luminal stricture dilations
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Pancreatic cystgastrostomy
- Foxborough: Brigham and Women's/Mass General Health Care Center at Patriot Place
- Waltham: Mass General West
- Medical Education
- MD, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
- Residency, Rhode Island Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Pediatrics, American Board of Pediatrics
- Patient Age Group
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Dr. Spofford is a uniquely trained pediatric gastroenterologist who performs endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and other advanced therapeutic endoscopic procedures including luminal stricture dilations, radiofrequency ablation for Barrett's esophagus and endoscopic mucosal resection and pancreatic cystgastrostomy on pediatric patients.
In addition to her training as a pediatric gastroenterologist, Dr. Spofford completed a one year advanced endoscopy fellowship at the MGH/BWH combined program. She continues to perform interventional procedures on adult patients to maintain her endoscopic skills. Dr. Spofford hopes to utilize her exceptional skills to build a pediatric therapeutic endoscopy center of excellence at MGHfC.
- Dusty Sargent; Sun Young Park; Inbar Spofford; Kirby Vosburgh . Image-based camera motion estimation using prior probabilities. SPIE Medical Imaging. 2011;7964
- Obstein KL, Patil VD, Jayender J, San Jos? Est?par R, Spofford IS, Lengyel BI, Vosburgh KG, Thompson CC. Evaluation of colonoscopy technical skill levels by use of an objective kinematic-based system. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2011;73(2):315-321.
- K. L. Obstein, R. S. J. Est?par, J. Jayender, V. D. Patil, I. S. Spofford, M. B. Ryan, B. I. Lengyel, R. Shams,K. G. Vosburgh, C. C. Thompson. Image Registered Gastroscopic Ultrasound (IRGUS) in human subjects: a pilot study to assess feasibility. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2011;43(5):394-399.
- Puli SR, Spofford IS, Thompson CC. Use of self-expandable stents in the treatment of bariatric surgery leaks: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2012;75(2):287-93.
- Park SY, Sargent D, Spofford I, Vosburgh KG, A-Rahim Y. A Colon Video Analysis Framework for Polyp Detection. IEEE Transactions in Biomedical Engineering. 2012;59(5):1408-18.
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Phone 2: 617-726-1450
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.