Jarone Lee, MD, MPH
Quality Director, Surgical Critical Care, Department of Surgery
- Department of Emergency Medicine
- Critical Care Center
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Blake 12 Intensive Care Unit
- Clinical Interests
- Critical Care Medicine
- Emergency medicine
- Severe Respiratory Failure
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Sepsis and Septic Shock
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Major Traumatic Injuries
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Medical Education
- MPH, Drexel University School of Public Health
- MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Residency, St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Emergency Medicine, American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Foreign Languages
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and pediatric
- Accepting New Patients
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
Cigna (PAL #'s)
Fallon Community HealthCare
Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
Humana/Choice Care PPO
Medicare - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
OSW - Maine
OSW - New Hampshire
OSW - Rhode Island
OSW - Vermont
Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
Tufts Health Plan
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
View my most recent publications at PubMed
- Shah K, Quaas J, Rolston D, Bansal S, Bania T, Newman D, Wiener D, Lee J. Magnitude of D-dimer Matters for Diagnosing Pulmonary Embolism. Am J Emerg Med. 2013 Jun;31(6):942-5.
- Walker G, Runde D, Rolston D, Wiener D, Lee J. Retrospective observational study of emergency department rectal temperatures over 10 years. World J Emerg Med. 2013 June;4(2):107-112.
- Lee J, et al. Head Computed Tomography Utilization and Intracranial Hemorrhage Rates. Emerg Radiol. 2013 June;20(3):219-223.
- Lee J, Waak K, Grosse-Sundrup M, Xue F, Lee J, et al. Global assessment of skeletal muscle strength but not grip strength predicts mortality in SICU patients. Phys Ther. 2012 Dec;92(12):1546-55.
- Horiana G, Lee Y, Lee J, et al. Diaphragm Muscle Thinning in Mechanically Ventilated Patients. CHEST. 2012;142(6):1455-60.
- Godbout BJ, Lee J, et al. Yield of head CT in the alcohol-intoxicated patient in the emergency department. Emerg Radiol. 2011 Oct;18(5):381-4.
- Lee J, et al. Computed tomography use in the adult emergency department of an academic urban hospital from 2001 to 2007. Ann Emerg Med. 2010 Dec;56(6):591-6. Erratum in: Ann Emerg Med. 2011 Mar;57(3):256.
- Lee J, et al. Transplantation trends in primary biliary cirrhosis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007 Nov;5(11):1313-5.
Trauma , Emergency Surgery, and Surgical Critical Care
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696
Call the Massachusetts General Hospital physician referral service at 800-711-4644.
Mass General accepts most health insurance plans. Find out what you need to know before coming to Mass General.
Driving to Mass General? Get driving directions or locate a parking lot on the hospital's main campus.