- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Microscopic colitis (lymphocytic and collagenous)
- Celiac disease
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Medical Education
- MPH, Harvard School of Public Health
- MD, UT Southwestern Medical School
- Residency, UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Internal Medicine
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Danvers: The Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Research Summary
I am interested in clinical and translational research in the field of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Specifically, my research interests are to better understand and define environmental factors, particularly dietary, reproductive, and lifestyle factors, and their interplay with common genetic risk loci and gut microbial environment on risk and progression of IBD.
- Khalili H, Hunag ES, Jacobson BC, et. al.. A Prospective Cohort Study of Proton Pump Inhibitors Use and Risk of Hip Fracture in Relation to Dietary and Lifestyle Factors. BMJ. 2012;344.
- Khalili H, Huang ES, Giovannucci EL, et. al.. A Prospective Study of Bisphosphonate Use and Risk of Colorectal Cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2012 Sep 10;30(26):3229-33.
- Khalili H, Higuchi L, Huang ES, et. al.. Geographic latitude and Risk of Crohn's and ulcerative colitis: Results from two large prospective cohorts of women. Gut. 2012 Dec; 61 (12): 1686-92.
- Khalili H, Higuchi L, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Hormone Therapy Increases Risk of Ulcerative Colitis but not Crohn's Disease Gastroenterology. 2012 Nov;143(5):1199-206.
- Khalili H, Higuchi LM, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Oral contraceptives, reproductive factors and risk of inflammatory bowel disease Gut. 2013. Aug;62(8):1153-9.
- Khalili H, Higuchi LM, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Early life factors and risk of inflammatory bowel disease. Inflammatory Bowel Disease. 2013 Mar;19(3):542-7.
- Khalili H, Ananthakrishnan AN, Konijeti GG, et. al. Physical activity and risk of inflammatory bowel disease: prospective study from the Nurses' Health Study cohorts. BMJ. 2013. 2013; 347.
165 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
104 Endicott Street
Danvers, MA 01923