Dr. Braaten is a specialist in genitourinary and breast pathology.
- Clinical Interests
- Breast cancer and related risk lesions.
- Genitourinary cancer.
- Medical Education
- MD, University of Minnesota Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
- Patient Age Group
Kristina Braaten, MD, returned to the Pathology Department in July of 2013. She was previously on staff during 2004-2007. Her areas of expertise include breast and genitourinary pathology.
- Braaten KM, Betensky RA, de Leval L, Okada Y, Hochberg FH, Louis DN, Harris NL, Batchelor TT. BCL-6 expression predicts improved survival in patients with primary central nervous system lymphoma. Clin Cancer Research 2003; 9(3): 1063-69.
de Leval L, Braaten KM, Ancukiewicz M, Kiggundu E, Delaney T, Mankin HJ, Harris NL. Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma of Bone: an analysis of differentiation-associated antigens with clinical correlation. Am J Surg Path 2003; 27(9): 1269-77.
Anderson GA and Braaten K. Prostatic extramedullary leukemia as a first site of relapse of acute nonlymphocytic leukemia. Urol Oncol 2005; 23(6): 419-21.
Taghian AG, Kozak KR, Doppke KP, Katz A, Smith BL, Gadd M, Specht M, Hughes K, Braaten K, Kachnic LA, Recht A, and Powell SN. Initial dosimetric experience using simple three-dimentional conformal external-beam accelerated partial-breast irradiation. Int J Rad Oncol Biol Phys 2006; 64(4): 1092-99.
Kozak KR, Smith BL, Adams J, Kornmehl E, Katz A, Gadd M, Specht M, Hughes K, Gioioso V, Lu HM, Braaten K, Recht A, Powell S, DeLaney T, and Taghian AG. Accelerated partial-breast irradiation using proton beams: initial clinical experience. Int J Rad Oncol Biol Phys 2006; 66(3): 691-98
Braaten KM, Young RH, Ferry JA. Viral-type orchitis: a potential mimic of testicular neoplasia. Am J Surg Pathol 2009; 33(10): 1477-84.
55 Fruit Street
Boston MA, 02114-2696