- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST)
- Retroperitoneal sarcoma
- Soft tissue sarcoma
- Skin cancer
- Medical Education
- MD, Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Board Certifications
- Surgical Oncology
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- OSW - Vermont
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Haynes is a researcher in health care systems and delivery. He has published in numerous journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine, Cancer, The Lancet, and Health Affairs. He holds an appointment at the Ariadne Labs of the Harvard School of Public Health and serves as faculty in the Codman Center for Clinical Effectiveness in Surgery.
Haynes AB, Weiser TG, Berry WR et al. "A Surgical Safety Checklist to Reduce Morbidity and Mortality in a Global Patient Population" N Engl J Med 360(5): 491-499, 2009.
Haynes AB, Regenbogen SE, Weiser TG, et al. "Surgical Outcome Measurement for a Global Patient Population: Validation of the Surgical Apgar Score in 8 Countries" Surgery 149(9): 519-24, 2011.
Weiser TG, Regenbogen SE, Thompson KD, Haynes AB, Lipsitz SR, Berry WR, Gawande AA. "An Estimation of the Global Volume of Surgery: a modeling strategy based on available data" Lancet 372(9633): 139-44, 2008.
Semel ME, Resch S, Haynes AB, et al. "Adopting a Surgical Safety Checklist Could Save Money and Improve the Quality of Care in U.S. Hospital?" Health Affairs 29(9): 1593-99, 2010.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696