- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Dermatology (general)
- Pediatric dermatology
- Medical Education
- MD, UT Southwestern Medical School
- Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Board Certifications
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Patient Gateway
- Yes, learn more
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
- Adult and Pediatric
Shinjita Das, MD is a board-certified dermatologist. and Instructor in Dermatology at Harvard Medical School. She completed her undergraduate studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with a BS in Biology. Dr. Das returned to her home state of Texas for medical school at the University of Southwestern Medical Center, where she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society and received the institution's Award of Excellence in Dermatology.
Missing the snowy winters, Dr. Das ventured back to Boston for residency at the Harvard Combined Dermatology Residency Training Program, where she served in leadership positions on the Quality Improvement and Program Education committees.
In addition to general dermatology, Dr. Das is especially interested in harnessing technology to improve access and quality of patient care. She serves as the Director of the Teledermatology division and will be developing media tools to enhance patient education of dermatologic conditions.
Patient Education Publications
Patient Instructional Videos
How to care for your skin after a skin biopsy explained by Shinjita Das, MD
Shinjita Das, MD, Director of Dermatology Patient Education explains how to care for your skin after a biopsy and how to know if your skin needs more attention.
Skin Biopsy: Dermatology Patient Instructional Video
Shinjita Das, MD, explains what to expect with a skin biopsy and common questions that arise.
50 Staniford Street
Boston, MA 02114-2517