Dr. Jassar focuses his clinical activities on aortic surgery in addition to the full spectrum of adult cardiac surgery.
- Centers & Specialties
- Clinical Interests
- Cardiac (heart) surgery
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Valve repair and replacement
- Aortic aneurysm
- Aortic dissection
- Aortic valve surgery
- Aortic valve repair
- Aortic Root Surgery
- Aortic Arch Surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Thoracic / Thoracoabdominal aneurysm repair
- Thoracoabdominal and complex aortic aneurysms
- Medical Education
- MBBS, All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- Residency, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Board Certifications
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery - General
- Foreign Languages
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Insurances Accepted
- Aetna Health Inc.
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Blue Care 65
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Indemnity
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Managed Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Partners Plus
- Cigna (PAL #'s)
- Fallon Community HealthCare
- Great-West Healthcare (formally One Health Plan)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - ACD
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan - PBO
- Health Care Value Management (HCVM)
- Humana/Choice Care PPO
- Medicare - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - ACD
- Neighborhood Health Plan - PBO
- OSW - Maine
- OSW - New Hampshire
- OSW - Rhode Island
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS)
- Railroad Medicare
- Railroad Medicare - ACD
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - ACD
- United Healthcare (non-HMO) - PBO
Note: This provider may accept more insurance plans than shown; please call the practice to find out if your plan is accepted.
- Patient Age Group
Dr. Jassar is a Member of Faculty at the Harvard Medical School, and a member of the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center and the Thoracic Aortic Center at the Massachusetts General Hospital. In addition to the full spectrum of adult cardiac surgery, he focuses his clinical activities on aortic surgery. He has special interest in endovascular (TEVAR) and hybrid approaches to treat complex aortic pathology. He is also a member of the transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) team at the Massachusetts General Hospital.
Dr. Jassar earned his medical degree from All India Institute of Medical sciences in New Delhi, India, and then completed both his general surgery residency and cardiac surgery fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. He then did super specialty training at the University of Pennsylvania focusing on aortic and endovascular surgery, including TEVAR and TAVR. Following his training, Dr. Jassar was a visiting surgeon at the University of Freiburg, where he acquired advanced skills in hybrid aortic surgery.
His research interests have ranged from developing novel imaging and therapeutic techniques for ischemic mitral regurgitation to outcomes of cardiac surgery in Jehovah’s witness patients. He has received funding from the American Heart Association to support his work. Most recently he has focused on investigating outcomes of complex aortic root and aortic arch surgery, with attention to various strategies of cerebral protection during circulatory arrest. He has presented his work at numerous national and international meetings and published in reputed peer reviewed journals.
Dr. Jassar is a member of several medical and surgical societies including the Society of Thoracic Surgeons, American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology. He is a member of the working group on cardiovascular surgery of the European society of Cardiology.
- Research Summary
Dr. Jassar’s research interests range from developing novel imaging and therapeutic techniques for ischemic mitral regurgitation to outcomes of cardiac surgery in Jehovah’s Witness patients. Most recently, he has focused on investigating outcomes of complex aortic root and aortic arch surgery, with attention to various strategies of cerebral protection during circulatory arrest.
55 Fruit Street
Boston, MA 02114-2696