David Mackenzie, MD, CM, is an attending physician and fellow in emergency ultrasound in the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine. He is also an instructor of surgery at Harvard Medical School.
- Phone: 617-726-7622
- Learn more about the Division of Ultrasound in Emergency Medicine
David Mackenzie, MD, CM
Clinical Fellow, emergency ultrasound
Dr. Mackenzie received his medical degree from McGill University. He completed his residency in emergency medicine at Brown University where he also served as chief resident. He is currently completing a fellowship in emergency ultrasound at Massachusetts General Hospital. He also lectures and provides hands-on instruction in point-of-care ultrasound.
Dr. Mackenzie's current projects include:
- A trial of ultrasound guidance for arterial vascular access
- Delivery of an ultrasound education curriculum for physicians in Rwanda
- Ultrasound assessment of fluid responsiveness
- A study with collaborators at Brown University investigating metrics for evaluating resident education and performance