I am interested in clinical and translational research in the field of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Specifically, my research interests are to better understand and define environmental factors, particularly dietary, reproductive, and lifestyle factors, and their interplay with common genetic risk loci and gut microbial environment on risk and progression of IBD.
1) Khalili H, Wolpin BM, Huang ES, et.al. ABO Blood Group and Risk of Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2011;20(5):1017-20.
2) Khalili H, Hunag ES, Jacobson BC, et. al.. A Prospective Cohort Study of Proton Pump Inhibitors Use and Risk of Hip Fracture in
Relation to Dietary and Lifestyle Factors. BMJ. 2012;344.
3) Khalili H, Huang ES, Giovannucci EL, et. al.. A Prospective Study of Bisphosphonate Use and Risk of Colorectal Cancer. J Clin
Oncol. 2012 Sep 10;30(26):3229-33.
4) Khalili H, Higuchi L, Huang ES, et. al.. Geographic latitude and Risk of Crohn's and ulcerative colitis: Results from two large
prospective cohorts of women. Gut. 2012 Dec; 61 (12): 1686-92.
5) Khalili H, Higuchi L, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Hormone Therapy Increases Risk of Ulcerative Colitis but not Crohn's Disease
Gastroenterology. 2012 Nov;143(5):1199-206.
6) Khalili H, Higuchi LM, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Oral contraceptives, reproductive factors and risk of inflammatory bowel disease
Gut. 2013. Aug;62(8):1153-9.
7) Khalili H, Higuchi LM, Ananthakrishnan AN, et. al.. Early life factors and risk of and risk of inflammatory bowel disease. Inflammatory
Bowel Disease. 2013 Mar;19(3):542-7.