Massachusetts General Hospital's Fast Track Cardiac Catheterization Program allows appropriate patients to undergo clinical assessment and cardiac catheterization in the same day, eliminating lag time between the initial consultation and the appointment for the procedure.
- Refer a patient to the Heart Center
- Inpatient referrals: 617-726-9292
- Outpatient referrals: 866-MGH-8910
Once you refer your patient to the program, an access nurse will schedule and confirm the cardiac catheterization procedure with you and your patient. The program is available Monday through Friday.
A typical procedure schedule is as follows:
- At approximately 7:15 am patients arrive at Mass General for precatheterization lab work
- At approximately 8:00 am patients are seen by a cardiologist for a review of the information provided by the referring physician and to ensure that appropriate care is delivered during the process
- At approximately 9:00 am patients check into the cath lab, where they are given a pager that will alert them when it is time for their catheterization. During this time, patients are free to walk around the hospital or spend time with family members, but must remain NPO
- Between 11:00 am and 1:00 pm patients undergo cardiac catheterization
A Mass General Heart Center cardiologist will follow up with you promptly after your patient’s procedure.Refer a Patient
To refer a patient to the Fast Track Cardiac Catheterization Program, please call 866-MGH-8910. Learn about referring to the Heart Center.
Request an appointment for your patient with one of our world-class cardiac specialists.
Part of the largest teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, the Corrigan Minehan Heart Center trains residents, fellows and current providers in innovative therapies every year.